A lot to be thankful for, a lot to be sad about…
- It’s a miracle none of my family, friends, acquaintances, students… got hurt in the attacks of March 22 given they were so close. A miracle for us, but for all those involved it was hell…
- I do know some people in the emergency services who came on the scene in the airport. Millions of hearts and respect for them. It’s a blessing such people exist.
- My sister’s girls, who say things like: ‘I drew a big broken heart in chalk in the playground at school, for all those people who died because of the bad men.’ Crack, did my heart. Another broken heart in the world.
- Seeing love and support at the wake for the victims of the airport attack. Running into students there, who show their support and aren’t afraid to show they are muslim, which isn’t an easy thing in times like these. Respect.
Ans then, the more down to earth things:
- Finding time to sew and knit every now and then.
- Eating ice cream, because the ice cream truck passes by our house again! Yay!
And above all:
- My daughter, who, even though she has lesser moments, keeps smiling and laughing. <3 Let’s hope she’ll be able to do that for a long time to come!