Sometimes, it’s just one of those days, when coffee is a necessity, but a hot steaming cup just doesn’t work…
Enterice coffee! At Starbucks, they’ve known this for a long time, but who knows what kinds of stuff they put it in.
This afternoon, I had such a craving for a frappucino, I just made one myself. I have a Starbucks within reach at the airport, but these days, going to the airport for a quick coffee just isn’t a good idea.
And let’s be honest, making it yourself is not that much trouble and equally good, if not better!
There are about a thousand different versions, but I worked with the ingredients I had around the house!
So here’s my recipe for a – not extremely healthy but still healthier than the Starbucks version – ice coffee frappucino… thingy!
*Homemade frappucino à la KellyJade*
- 2 espresso’s (ca. 80 ml) or other strong coffee
- 80 ml (or 100 ml if you like it less strong) alpro almond – coconut milk
- a teaspoon of honey
- a tablespoon of bitter chocolate drops or chocolate syrup
- 2 to 3 ice cubes, depending on the size
- whipped cream and chocolate syrup or drops for the finishing touch
- Add all the ingredients (apart from the whipped cream) to the container of a blender and blend away!
- Make sure your blender is suitable for crushing ice or you might ruin the blades!
- Let it blend untilt the ice cubes are fully crushed.
- Pour it into a large glass.
- Finish it off with a big dollop of whipped cream and decorate with chocolate syrup or chocolate drops (or both 😉 ).
I know I did! 😉