Did you know…
… a boar can produce up to 0,5 liter of sperm when it ejaculates?
On average, a boar produces 16 billion sperm cells a day, or 180 000 sperm cell per second. This is in contrast with humans, who produce up to 72 million sperm cells per day or can ejaculate approximately 2 to 6 milliliters of sperm. That’s about a teaspoon to half a tablespoon.
What makes it all the more impressive, is the fact that the orgasm of a boar can last for half an hour! Men can learn from this! 😉 Too bad for the sows: they generally don’t have orgasms.
A few more interesting facts along these lines:
- pigs have a spiral shaped penis, that ‘twists’ into the sow’s vagina
- snakes have 2 penises (hemipenes)
- dogs have a penis bone and a ‘bulbus glandis’ at the base of their penis
- this swells up during mating, which locks the male into the female and this locking mechanism can stay in place for up to half an hour
- most marsupials have a split penis, it has two ends
- a cat’s penis has little ‘hooks’ at the end, to stimulate ovulation (a female cat ovulates every time it mates!)
- of all the primates, man has the largest penis => so they have something to be content about 😉